Friday, May 11, 2012

Recapping and a bit of venting.

I went to the Bushnell and saw Maya Angelou last night and it was really special.  Did you know that she is 84!?!  And she was very full of life, reciting poems and singing songs and making us all laugh and cry.  "A" was feeling not so hot b/c she has gall stones and is in a lot of discomfort, surgery scheduled for Monday.  But we all had a great time despite our various health complaints.  I am also feeling not so hot. I get really, really tired, like bone tired and it's hard to keep food down sometimes, but I really have to try so I can regulate my blood sugar.  I went to a mothers' tea party at Mimi's school and it was nice, thou I did have an interesting conversation with this chick who I went to a few times for chiropractic work.  She asked me if I was preg and I said yup. She asked me how things were going and I said okay except I have gestational diabetes and it's kind of got me down.  Opportunity to lift up a fellow mama with a few encouraging words, right?  Well, she goes something to the effect of: I know you probably don't want to hear this but you sort of brought that on yourself, and kind of did that tisk tisk head shake.  I felt like saying , Honey, I know you don't want to hear this but the reason why I switched chiropractors is because you consistently showed up 15 minutes late for appointments and I was stuck waiting outside your locked office, and one time you didn't even show up at all.  Oh ya, and the teachers have a running joke about how long you're going to be leaving your son with them after pick-up time every afternoon, and I really can't blame 'em. So right now I'm babysitting for two of my friends' sons and trying to stay awake.  One of the boys was hiding behind a wall and jumped out to scare me (which he did, half to death) and in doing so catapulted himself into a little shelf and broke everything on it, which included a salt and pepper shaker that my grandmother gave me and a little mommy pot for tiny flowers.  I have to clean the house before tomorrow which is Maxwell's little birthday get-together and wondering where on earth I'm going to get the energy.  Okay, I am feeling pretty awful.  I'm going to try to stay in that Maya Angelou place I was in last night.  It won't be easy. Like Dr. Angelou says, but still, like dust, I'll rise. I am feeling kind of dusty right now.


That's a quote from Ms. Angelou :)


No comments:

Post a Comment